Starboard Race boards come in two constructions in the UK; Carbon Sandwich and Hybrid Carbon.
CARBON SANDWICH: LIGHTEST WEIGHT, EXTRA DURABILITY, FLEX CONTROL
- Super light-weight biaxial Carbon is laminated over the entire hull for the lightest weight, best strength ratio and most efficient flex.
- The mid-section of the board has stiffer UD Carbon side stringers to maintain the rocker in that critical area, thus optimizing glide.
- Thin high density PVC is used on the entire board minimizing resin uptake and maximizing strength.
- This is the lightest and strongest race board construction we have ever offered.
- Impregnated paint pigment means no paint is sprayed reducing the overall weight, paint chips and scratches.
HYBRID CARBON: GREAT STRENGTH, VALUE OFFERING
- The full wrap of 140g S Glass outside military grade plain weave gives great impact resistance for its weight and also
- provides a good Flex Pattern.
- The UD Carbon rail bands enhance this construction by making it longitudinally stronger and providing faster recoil.
- The standing area is reinforced with 2 wide strips of 0.6mm thick Australian Pine to prevent heel marks over time.
- The Hybrid Carbon technology combines performance and great value.
- 33% less paint sprayed on the deck, rail and bottom of the board.