Being a great performer in the low-end already, we focused on giving the IQ that extra control in the high-end, every kitesurfer admires. This allows everybody to make use of the very good drift ability and quick turning speed also in gusty conditions, in order to catch some turns, or push your limits on the straight line. As result of the more bent profile of the leading-edge, the relaunch is as easy as it gets, which offers you an escape route even in the trickiest situations. With its direct bar feeling and great esponsiveness, the IQ gets you into the critical section on the wave and out of critical situations.
The IQ’s outline was slightly redesigned with a change of the alignment of the profile and the tip position. The profile’s volume was slightly reduced, while the maximum draft was changed at the IQ
- Spinnaker - Special PU-coated, extra light double rip-stop polyester fabric for a perfect balance of tear strength and dimension stability.
- Protection - Heavy duty and super light Kevlar patches in the tip range prevent abrasion at the typical spots. Dacron panels provide force distribution of the connection points.
- Kite-body seams - Triple zick-zack sewed and glued flat seams result in less turbulences on the wing surface.
- Speed pump - Easy and fast inflation and deflation due to the speed pump with double cross section connectors.
- TE Construction - The reinforcement of the TE with a Kevlar TM line makes the dimension of the TE stay the same forever. Kevlar does not shrink or stretch. Stiff lines create a crisp bar feeling due to lack of stretch in the TE. The special shape of the double spinnaker panels breaks down high frequencies and prevents fluttering, even after many hours of use.
- Bridles - Dyneema lines with a polyester sleeve for protection; Logic V-bridles with triangle construction for stiff arc support.
- Bladder - Special surface of the 100 micron polyurethane film prevents the bladder from sticking together.
- Dacron - The high-density polyester Dacron, impregnated (waterproof) and polyurethane coated creates excellent dimension stability and low water absorption.
- Strut connection - Stiffest kite frame due to the full circle connection. Optimized ultra-stiff connection between the LE and the struts allowing perfect control of the sail tension at the front part of the profile.
- Leading Edge Seam - Light glued Dacron cloth reinforces from the inside. Glued and double stitched with a high-density polyester thread and a more flexible nylon thread.
- Computer Aided cutting - Fabric panels are cut with a computer controlled plotter for highest quality.
- KOOK proof connections - It's impossible to mix up lines with the kook proof connections to the kite.
- Anti-tangle webbings - Anti-tangle webbings at the strut and LE ends prevent line tangling and damages to the kite by tangled lines.