You have no items in your shopping cart.
Start date - 1st October
We're recruiting for an engaging, enthusiastic and knowledgeable sales advisor in water and wind sports to join us at Poole Harbour Watersports; with an enthusiastic approach that can advise our customers with their choices and options. This is a great opportunity to join a supportive and friendly independent business selling everything watersports in store and online.
This is a customer facing role, but you will also need to have a good telephone manner and be willing to learn about our website as we also do a lot of online sales. The role also requires computer experience as the position also involves working behind the scenes on the website, putting up products and fulfilling orders.
Within this role, we are also looking for someone with considerable wing or windsurf experience as the role we are looking to fill will deal with being a sales advisor in these areas of the shop. Alongside wing and windsurf, paddleboarding kayaking and wetsuit knowledge is also required. We have many customers coming into the shop for all kinds of different things, you need to be adaptable with your customer services skills for each sector of the shop.
This is a role which requires you a minimum of 4 days a week, but in busy summer season it can increase to 5. You will be required to work at least 1 day over the weekend and some bank holidays, but all between 9am and 5.30pm so there are no evenings involved. In the watersports industry our peak working period is between May and September, but we are a small team and work together to allow flexible working where possible.
The successful applicant will have a 4-week probational period to allow both you and ourselves to assess your suitability to the team after having first-hand experience of the role.
Day – To – Day
- Open up shop with kit outside and desk and till ready at 9
- Kettle on and coffee! (coffee/tea breaks are a must!:-))
- Check online orders; pack ready for dispatch and book on for delivery
- Look through emails and live chat enquiries
- Answer the phone to any calls
- Greet and aid any customers in store
- Update any products on website
- Write up any blogs for website
- Unpack and inventory any stock deliveries
- Restock and label shop floor
- Deal with returns and customer service issues
- Pack down shop and end of day for 5:30
Other possible tasks will include: ·
- Completing a sale, including money handling and card machine handling (in store or over the phone).
- Recommend and advise customers on products and options that might suit their needs.
- Ordering and dealing with suppliers regarding reordering stock or a specific item for a customer.
- We have a hire school where we take bookings for lessons and hires, this is done via the shop.
- Warranty forms and applications.
- Take deliveries of new stock from delivery guys.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent retail sales and customer service skills, retail experience desired
- A good knowledge of watersports (windsurf, wing foil, paddle board, kayak), experience required
- A good basic level of maths
- IT literate
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Good communication skills including a good telephone manner
- Team worker
Please get in contact with us with a copy of your CV via email if you believe you are suited to this job role at email@example.com