You have no items in your shopping cart.
Note: due to ongoing production issues, some sizes may have a lead time on delivery, please check current stock with us
FREERIDE WINDSURF FOIL
Suited for riders who prefer to ride with minimal sail size and put emphasis on early takeoff and maneuverability, or riders who prefer to sail with bigger sails and more focus on speed and upwind ability, the Naish Wind/Wing 1150 offers a magic balance like no other windsurf foil. The 1150 front wing combines early lift, great top speed, and smooth turning ability with easy control — making it the ideal choice for any recreational foil windsurfer who does not only want to sail up and downwind but also enjoys going fast easily on any course. The delta-wing design feels equally at home with a more relaxed small sail freeride setup as well as with bigger sails and a more outboard stance position while riding. The Wind/Wing 1150 is also a great choice as a high wind Wing-Surfer setup pushing this new sport to a new speed level. Paired with the Stabilizer 320, this is the most universal lightweight windsurf foil setup, suitable for any level of riding.
RECENT CHANGES - A NEW FUSELAGE AND MAST SYSTEM
Hydrofoiling is a rapidly evolving sport and the Naish development team is always working hard to stay at the front edge of development. Over the past year, the biggest changes have been the universal acceptance of high aspect foils, and the expansion of the sport (especially winging) into the air with the inevitable hard landings and crashes. Both yield a dramatic increase in structural loading, so the Naish team took a thorough look at every aspect of our system.
Naish’s industry leading Indexed Scarf Joint (ISJ) is fully up to the task (unlike many other brands who have been forced to change their front wing connection), but our analysis suggested a comprehensive redesign of the mast/fuselage connection. Once we committed to a redesign, we also took the opportunity to improve functionality in areas beyond just increased strength.
THE NEW DESIGN DETAILS:
•Increased strength and durability to match the new load models
•Kept weight to a bare minimum
•Improved ease of assembly by going to (2)X M8 screws instead of (3)X M6
•Integrated a corrosion barrier between the carbon and aluminum masts and the aluminum fuselage
Check out our blog on 'Updates to Naish Foils' for more guidance.
COMPLETE KIT INCLUDES
- Wind/ Wing 1150 Front Wing
- Stabilizer Jet HA 320
- 85cm mast or 95cm Deep Tuttle mast
- 85cm Fuselage or 95cm Fuselage (DT)
- 5 x 20 mm Torx Head Stainless Steel Screws (Connects Wings to Fuselage) = Superior torque + corrosion resistant
- 3 x 25 mm Torx Head Stainless Steel Screws (Connects Mast to Fuselage) = Superior torque + corrosion resistant
- 4 x 25 mm Torx Head Stainless Steel Screws and 4 x M6 Tab (Connects Standard Plate to Board) = Superior torque + corrosion resistant
- Foil Wing Covers and carry case
CONSTRUCTION FEATURES -
- Naish Aluminum Masts are Available as Direct Connect as well as Deep Tuttle and Abracadabra Connection Systems
- Lightweight, Foam Filled Aircraft Grade, Triple Stringer Extruded Aluminum Mast with Bonded and Screwed Connections
- 100% Pre-preg 3K High Gloss Carbon Fiber Front Wing and Stabilizer
- CNC Precision Cut Lightweight Aluminum Fuselage with Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steel M6 Helicoils for the Front Wing and Stabilizer Connection
- Stainless Steel M6 Torx T30 Hardware for all Screwed Connections
Mast size - 85cm
Front Wing design - medium lift/ low Drag dihedral foil
Aspect ratio - 5.6
Front Wingspan - 31.5"/ 80cm
Projected Surface Area - 178.3in2/ 1050cm2